пятница, 16 ноября 2012 г.

Living in London

London is home to over 100,000 international students from over 200 different nations. There are more international students learning in there than in any other city in the world. Our English school in London gives our students the oppurtunity to enjoy this amazing city while they improve their English.

London is my favourite city in the world. I don't live there at the moment but I’m hoping to move there soon.

There is always something to do in London even on a student budget; you can go on walking tours, visit world famous museums and galleries or see iconic landmarks all for free.

My friend Marine is lucky enough to work and live in this famous part of England. Here is an interview with her about living in London. All you need to do is match the questions to the answers. Good luck!

Interview Questions

Are you originally from London?
What do you love about the city?
Is there anything in the city you would change if you could?
Do you have a favourite place in London?
What are the people in London like?
How was living in London during the Olympics?
Marine's Answers
Rent prices! But this is a problem you encounter in every big city.
No, I come from a small French island in the French West Indies called Guadeloupe.
If I hadn’t known they were coming to town I would not have realised. I don’t live south enough to have been bothered by them. I found central London to be very empty.
They are not judgmental and quite open. They are also quite busy so it can be hard keeping in touch with your friends.
It tends to change according to my mood and the weather. I enjoy walking from my house to the Southbank, the water soothes me.
It makes me feel like everything can be an opportunity and no-one judges you for doing what you want.

Now match the answers to the questions:

1. Are you originally from London?

C
D
A
F
B
E

2. What do you love about the city?

F
E
B
D
C
A

3. Is there anything in the city you would change if you could?

A
F
D
B
C
E

4. Do you have a favourite place in London?

C
A
B
E
D
F

5. What are the people in London like?

A
F
E
C
B
D

6. How was living in London during the Olympics?

E
A
D
F
B
C

2 комментария: